Friday, December 20, 2019

Remember blogging?

It was a thing... like Yahoo groups.

Yeah.  They both went the way of the  Dinosaur in favor of more socially active media.

And at first it was Facebook. But it had limited amount of posting characters. (Remember 10 years ago?) but technology and time kept progressing and now FB is for older folks not the college kids it was built for and now younger people are Instagraming and  whatever.
And I guess Twitter is also a big deal for people who are more pithy and political and clever. I actually  have an account thanks to one of my kids setting it up but have never used it because I am neither clever or politically active or can say anything in only 127 characters.

So when I get time I try to log in to FB. I love to check in on friends,  but I feel I can’t get too personal there. It just doesn’t feel like the right environment. It is not the place to share my life experiences or deep thoughts. And I wrestle with so many.
 I think we all would agree I really don’t think social media “friends“ truly care if what you really think or care about  takes more than 127 characters or a photograph to express . It’s all superficial for the most part.
So I’m going to go back to this anonymous blogging dinosaur and spill my guts as I see fit.
Because you know what? It turns out I have a lot to say, because I have spent six decades so far on this planet and I just need to vent.
More. Later
~R

1 comment:

  1. Love to see you blogging again and really enjoyed reading your Christmas post! I am blessed to know you! Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!
    -Laura Dao

    ReplyDelete